You may have a sleep disorder.
If you have symptoms of a sleep disorder or insomnia, the Adult Sleep Center can improve your life (Sleep Better, Feel Better, Live Better).
You can make an appointment on your own (a self-referral) or because another doctor recommended you to us (a physician referral).
We prefer that you discuss your problem with your physician prior to a sleep medicine assessment. If you do not have a physician, or are unable to consult with your physician, a sleep medicine consultation is needed.
Sleep disorder consultations, sleep studies and treatments
If you have a serious sleep disorder such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, or parasomnia, Dr. Ajayi performs three major services:
These can be at the request of a physician (physician referral) or a patient if the patient has no physician (self-referral).
Supervision and Analysis of all sleep studies performed at the Adult Sleep Center.
The sleep studies can be directly requested by a physician, or may be recommended as a result of Dr Ajayi’s consultation.
Patient data review and recommendations for treatments.
Insomnia consultations and treatment; Dr. Ajayi and Kimberly Justice PhD also works with patients that have difficulty sleeping:
They perform consultations. Again, these can be at the request of a physician (physician referral) or a patient if he or she has no physician (self-referral).
They assesses your sleep disorder and tailor a treatment plan based upon your specific needs. This treatment will be based on cognitive behavioral therapy; normally, no medication is prescribed initially.
In-home sleep testing.
Having an In-home sleep study done may be the first step in identifying if you suffer from sleep apnea.
Don’t want to be in a sleep lab with strangers watching you sleep?
Would you prefer to avoid the sticky gels or pastes?
Guess what? You can!
Our sleep physicians can help you by prescribing a home sleep study. Home sleep testing has been proven to be as effective as a A traditional sleep study to diagnose sleep apnea in adults
Why a home sleep study?
- The Study Screens for obstructive sleep apnea.
- No need to miss work, can be done on any day of the week.
- Results available within 24 hours.
- It is done in the comfort of your own home.
- Affordable either as a cash or insurance paid procedure.
- Results are ready within 24 hours.
Do you qualify for in home sleep study?
- If your answer(s) to any of the following questions is “YES” then you may qualify..
- Are you between the age of 18-65?
- Do you snore?
- Do you stop breathing in your sleep? Or has someone witnessed you stop breathing in your sleep?
- Do you wake up with headaches in the mornings?
- Are you tired during the day?
- Do you have restless legs when at rest?
You DO NOT qualify for In-home sleep study if you have suffered from any of the following conditions:
- Heart Problems
- Neuromuscular conditions